Saturday, January 10, 2015

Chicken Struggles

So I asked my sister what I should write about and she said "chicken."  Really?  How exciting right?  So the first thing I think about is the fun times that I would chicken sit for friends when they went on vacation.  I would have to feed them, water them and collect the eggs, but when I was done I would just sit there and watch them.  It was amazing that they would all gather together and if one wandered off they all followed.  Makes me think about the reasoning and in my mind I think they are not very intelligent.  I say that as I remember watching my cousins baby run up and down the fence line and they would "chase him" on the other side.  Why are they chasing him when there is a fence in the way but then I looked at his face and he was having fun.  Makes me think that running up and down the fence might be enjoyment for these chickens.  They are confined to a specific area as I was chicken sitting because I did not trust them to run freely and i bet that running along the fence was like their fun time.  They probably enjoyed playing with him just like he enjoyed playing with them.  It was definitely fun times for me to enjoy watching them from the back porch as the sun was setting.

So now my internal struggle.....my favorite food in the whole world is chicken.  LOLOL  how can this be?  I don't know what it is that makes this a struggle inside but I love watching these animals and I love eating them.  Is that morbid?  Is that normal?  Is there something wrong with me for thinking like this??  Thanks sister for making me think of these struggles inside myself.  :-)  Let me know what you think?  Am I alone out there?




VS. 




WHO WILL WIN????

No comments:

Post a Comment