Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Men

So many people may not know but I have a major issue with trusting men.  Through my life I have been in many situations in which men have hurt me either emotionally or physically in which I am still building myself back up from.  I have come along ways and I give credit to the hard work I do at counseling and with some great counselors.  I must say that working with women counselors helped me greatly but while working with the counselor my husband and I went to for marriage counseling I built a oddly trusting relationship with a male.  PW was a great counselor who was funny, down to earth and didn't take his position and overstep it.  He helped me in many ways build on my relationships with men and I will be eternally grateful to him.

One of the hardest things in life when you are in counseling is the "starting over" with a new counselor.  When I moved with my sister, I left counseling with PW, but he was able to help me get into a counseling group locally.  I was paired with a wonderful woman who I immediately connected with and she was such a great help to me.  However tragedy has struck.

Last week I received a phone call that my appointment with my counselor was cancelled and the supervisor would call to reschedule it. ***DING DING DING SOMETHINGS WRONG***  So I have tried to just be patient waiting for the call (luckily I was sick so that made it easier).  Monday I went to my psychiatrist appointment and we were talking and he asked me if I met my new counselor.  Panic began to consume me.  Needless to say he made a phone call and asked someone to come down to meet me.  Few minutes later a knock on the door and in comes a man.  Really???  Serious???  He introduced himself and I just got such a bad vibe I was not happy.  After explaining that with my issues with men we would not be a good match I was told that if I dont see him my psychiatrist wont prescribe my medicine I flipped.  Needless to say I am waiting for the supervisor to call me STILL and if not i'll be looking for a new counselor and psychiatrist.  Grrrr

Needless to say my issue with men is not better and I'm gonna be punished for not trusting???  heck no!!  I will be ok and stand up for myself because I know what I have the right to have.  Tune in for more updates on how the issue goes

No comments:

Post a Comment